When a plan comes together - The List is born

Finished the first draft of the list this morning!  There are 69 trail centres or similar locations that I want to ride.

I'm calling it a first draft, as I'm sure it will change over the course of the next year and a half, what with it still containing places like the UK Bike Park and Esher, which I want to ride, but don't really fit the description of a trail centre and in Esher's case, has been ripped down.

I had to leave out a couple of places listed on the internet though.  Some sounded like they'd be very good to ride, but had no waymarked trails such as the Surrey Hills and Swinley Forest.  Other sounded epic, but again were not waymarked and would make a great basis for another series of rides, but not quite in keeping with this one, such as the Clwyd Hills and the Brecon Beacons.  Perhaps that's something to follow up on afterwards when I've got my big mountain legs back!

I've made a quick map in google maps too, to help decide which centres would be good to ride in a long weekend and which are going to take the most effort to get to.  For me the Scottish ones and the South coast will be the worst travel time, and are both areas where I've limited experience of travelling.

This week, I'm on leave from work, so aiming to hit up a couple of centres at least and get my full sus bikes services and ready for summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment